HA! So Valentine's Day is just about 3 weeks away, and I decided to start thinking about making the hubster the annual LUUUUUUUUURVE CD. I try not to duplicate past efforts. I mean, some of the songs I choose are older, yes... but they have not previously been chosen for inclusion in the exclusive annual CD. He does nothing like this for me, and that's fine. He knows that he would choose a bunch of crap that I don't like (because he's fairly limited) and that I am more worldly, eh... and with better taste and a better collection. So far, I have come up with the following tracks - as I said, some are older and/or well known. But they have not been put on a CD of this magnitude in previous efforts.
The One I Love - REM (natch)
Indefinitely - Old 97's
A Girl Like You - Pete Yorn
Love and Some Verses - Iron and Wine
Kissing the Lipless - The Shins
Vibrate - Rufus Wainwright
The One I Love - David Gray
God Only Knows - The Beach Boys
The Fragile - Nine Inch Nails
I'd Die Without You - P.M. Dawn
All of My Love - Led Zeppelin
Your Song - Elton John
Diamonds & Pearls - Prince
I'll Be Your Mirror - Clem Snide
In the Sun - Michael Stipe w/ Chris Martin
This is Why You Love Me - The Brian Jonestown Massacre
Somewhere Out There - Linda Ronstadt & James Ingram
Meet Me Halfway - Kenny Loggins
I know... some of that is way cheesy. But these are things that I like, and think he might like. Of course, I might have to rethink NIN. He's not too progressive, the hub. Last year, I included Question, Such Great Heights, I Will Follow You, and New Slang. Great stuff. He was a little befuddled at first, but then once I forced him to LISTEN to the songs, he dug it. Example as to why he would struggle with that stuff: His favorite band is Pearl Jam. Which, hey, they are a fine band. Personally, I think Eddie Vedder kind of sings like a goat, but what do I know? (nothing, if you ask my husband) F -i-i-i-i-i-i-i-rst k-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-iss (go head, sing it with some serious goat vibrato and you'll get it). He always says I'm exaggerating when I launch my impersonation, but evs. I'm right, and it's funny besides. I am tired yet again today, but there is nothing I can do about it. I have to finish the day and night. AI is on tonight, as is the new RR/RW Challenge, so that's pretty exciting! And of course, I know what else I have to do this evening. ((sigh)) CHORES!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment