Friday, December 28, 2007

Writer's Strike

Mornin', y'all! I'm bored, so now I'm going to share that. Let's talk about this writer's strike thing. Now, I don't profess to know the ins and outs of it. Sucks, that's all I know. No new eps of the shows I watch, so now I get to watch even MORE reality TV. As if that didn't rot my little mind enough. But really, I watch(ed) Heroes, My Name is Early, The Office, 30 Rock, CSI, and that's about it. As far as scripted shows go... In reality, I always watch The Real World, the RR/RW Challenges, Survivor, American Idol, Big Brother, and various other horrible shows. I just saw a lineup of forthcoming reality shows, so allow me to present them to you.



The Biggest Loser 5 (premieres Tuesday, January 1 at 8PM ET/PT on NBC) So much for building anticipation, as NBC will debut the fifth season of this weight-loss reality series exactly two weeks following its fourth-season finale. Contestants trying to shed the pounds will be competing while paired in teams with somebody they have a pre-existing relationship with -- and they'll have to do so without former Red Team trainer Kim Lyons -- who replaced Jillian Michaels prior to the third season only to be replaced by Michaels prior to the fifth season.

My verdict on this: Might watch. The part I like best is the weigh-in. And the finale with all the before and after footage. I might cry.



Make Me a Supermodel (premieres Wednesday, January 2 at 11PM ET/PT on Bravo) This America's Next Top Model knock-off includes a few key differences, including a co-ed group of 14 aspiring runway walkers and home viewer votes determining each week's eliminated contestant. It will also answer that age-old question if male models are just as catty as their female counterparts.

My verdict: Doubtful. I don't watch ANTM, so this wouldn't really appeal to me.



The Celebrity Apprentice (premieres Thursday, January 3 at 9PM ET/PT on NBC)If you believe Donald Trump, billions of A-list celebrities were interested in participating in the seventh edition of this reality series, however he somehow ended up with a bunch of C- and D-listers. Regardless, The Donald still took them under his wing to teach them the ins and outs of the business world as they compete for their favorite charitable causes, which should make even Trump rivals Martha Stewart and Rosie O'Donnell smile.

My verdict: I'll probably watch this one. Although, I'm not sure why. Have you seen the cast list? Trace Adkins, Carol Alt, Stephen Baldwin, Nadia Comaneci, Tiffany Fallon, Jennie Finch, Nely Galan, Marilu Henner, Lennox Lewis, Piers Morgan, Tito Ortiz, Vincent Pastore (Big Pussy!), Gene Simmons, and OMAROSA?! I just want someone, anyone, to beat her ass.



How To Look Good Naked (premieres Friday, January 4 at 9PM ET/PT on Lifetime)When he's not judging mother/daughter beauty pageant teams for The CW, former Queer Eye fashion expert Carson Kressley is spending his free time educating women of all shapes and sizes on how to flatter their figure without extreme dieting or cosmetic surgery in this new reality series. Expect there to be a heavy use of trick mirrors.

My verdict: While I love Carson and the idea of being naked comfortably, I refuse to support anything that the dreadful channel known as Lifetime comes up with. So that's a negatory.


Heh... 9 days later. I'm going to post this, and write more tomorrow. HEY! I've been sick. Still am sick, actually. Which reminds me, when am I going to go to bed? It's already 2:00. The fam has been in bed for like... ever. It's fine. I like the quiet. Ahhhh, the quiet.

No comments: