Friday, December 14, 2007

So here's the hilarious part!

In truth, I don't really have anything to say, but I felt like maybe if I gave myself permission, eh... a creative outlet if you will, that I might start writing every day. It's a longshot, I know. Besides, I'm much better in person. I'm funnier in person, how about that? I've learned that most people, unless they are socially inept, are much funnier in person. Unless you know them, and you can picture the expression they must be making. Or you can imagine the tone in which they delivered THAT doozy. WHEW! Good times, good times.



So anyway, I'm working 2 jobs right now, right? I know, some people have it much worse than I do. Working more than 2 jobs and none of them are going anywhere. My full time gig is great - 40 hours, great boss, been with the company almost 10 years, decent pay. Part time job? Love that, too, for the most part. There are days when being a retail monkey SUCKS MY BALLS, but the merch that I deal with makes it all worthwhile. I love being surrounded by all the books, music, and movies. It makes me feel very serene. However, I also lose my shit in that store because there is so much good stuff in there that I must own. Immediately. Most of my extra income gets sucked right back in there. I previously worked that for a little over 1 1/2 years, finally ended it all because I was so burnt out. I did it to myself, and I paid the price. By the time I quit, I was resentful. I didn't do my job poorly even then, but I was hating going to work. I was fine once I got there, but I hated going to work all day to come home and get ready to go to work all night. I have a full time job, my husband has a full time job. Why is that I was working 60-65 hours a week? Many reasons, most of which aren't worth sharing right now. Maybe later, kids.

No comments: